BAST method sessions are tailored to suit your needs and personal intention. Treatment is applied based on the results of a diagnostic scan, revealing which energy centres are a priority for treatment. During the session you will journey through the sounds of Himalayan singing bowls, vocal toning, crystal singing bowls and gentle percussion. The notes and tones of instruments are selected based on their relevancy to your presenting state. Once the sound session has been completed, we explore any resonance, resistance and release that you experienced whilst meeting the sound and enquire deeper into these. This enhances the process by promoting awareness and understanding.
Each session is beautifully unique, client centred and non-invasive. Your first appointment will include time to go through any relevant medical history and from there your needs and focus for the presenting moment will be discussed. Treatments are carried out whilst fully clothed and you will relax face up on a massage table whilst Rebecca introduces sound to your being. Reflective practice is carried out whilst seated comfortably in a chair. Sonic Massage, also offered whilst fully clothed, may be used at the beginning of your session if appropriate to your presenting state.
This form of sound therapy is beneficial for
- Deep relaxation, stress reduction, restoring clarity and developing a positive mental attitude and outlook
- Working through challenging emotional states
- Becoming present to your inner self and hearing the wisdom that exists within
- Lowering blood pressure, promoting physical regeneration, deeper breathing and better quality sleep
- Managing mild depression, anxiety, PTSD, addiction and eating disorders as a compliment to conventional treatment
- Deepening your level of support when experiencing the mental and emotional effects of illnesses such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and other challenging health diagnoses
When sonic massage is added into your treatment you also experience
- Physical release of muscular tension and discomfort
- Activation of energy flow through the subtle energy field
- A deep sense of grounding and inner presence
Sound therapy is contraindicated during the first trimester of pregnancy, with certain types of epilepsy and in severe cases of psychological imbalance. A letter from your treating specialist may be required if you wish to proceed under these circumstances.