Group Sound Meditations / Soundbaths
Offered regularly in St Agnes on a Tuesday and Thursday night, soundbaths are a wonderful opportunity to experience the benefits of sound in an intimate group setting. Please scroll down the page for further details.
If you'd like to incorporate a soundbath at your yoga centre, next event or place of business, either regularly or as a one off, please get in touch using the contact page. Rebecca is also available to come to your home. Please click here to read more.
Be transported and renewed as sonic waves dance within, guiding you toward a more balanced state of being.
Attend a soundbath and...
- Experience clarity and peace as you move into stillness and connect within.
- Relax, reset and replenish so you feel topped up for the rest of your week.
- Support your intentions and enter into a co-creative relationship with the sound.
- Observe your inner world through the mirror of sound.
- Lighten the load as you release inner tensions and resistance.
- Connect with others through shared experience.
Upcoming Event Dates in St Agnes
Tuesday Night Sessions - 1/10 - 15/10 - 29/10 - 12/11 - 26/11
Thursday Night Sessions - 10/10 - 7/11
Tickets are on sale for October & November dates! Please click here to book your place.
What happens during a soundbath/sound meditation?
During a soundbath, participants are invited to lay face up on a yoga mat with eyes closed. You'll be gently guided into a relaxed state with a verbal meditation before Rebecca starts weaving together a blissful soundscape. Warming up with soul awakening vocal tones before transitioning to gongs, crystal bowls and delightful percussion, healing sounds will wash over you in a continual and seamless flow. The sound is followed by a silent pause, allowing for contrast through the absence of sound before softly spoken words guide you toward self-reflection and integration. You are slowly welcomed back into your body and into the room. The space is then opened up for sharing of experiences and question time. We also begin and close the session with an auric infusion of colour using the high vibe products of Aura-Soma®.
- For the consideration of others, please refrain from smoking or wearing perfume.
- If you are sensitive to essential oils and non-toxic incenses, please let me know.
- Maximum capacity is for 9 people and bookings are essential.
- Yoga mats are provided with chairs available for those who prefer to be seated.
- Please bring a pillow, blanket and a bottle of water. You may also wish to bring a bolster and eye pillow for additional comfort.
- It is strongly recommended to avoid recreational drugs and alcohol for 24hrs before the soundbath and for a least a few hours afterwards. Please get in touch if you'd like to discuss this further.
- Soundbaths may be contraindicated during the first trimester of pregnancy, with certain types of epilepsy and in severe cases of psychological imbalance. A letter from your treating specialist may be required if you wish to attend.
The following sound experiences may be offered from time to time. If you are specifically interested in one of these sessions, please use the contact form in the menu to register your interest.
Gong vibrations are said to be like the sound of creation. During a Gong meditation, you'll be immersed in the holographic sounds of high quality Paiste Gongs. Feel the gentle pulse, the stirring roar, the shimmering highs and haunting wails as you'resurrounded by surreal and complex waves of sound. Journey deep into your heart and experience the universe within.
BAST Method Therapeutic Soundbath
Experience the warmth of Himalayan singing bowls, the mysterious call of the gong, the expansive tones of crystal singing bowls and ground with abstract percussion. The therapeutic soundbath follows a specific structure that was developed by Lyz Cooper of BAST over many years and offers the ultimate in relaxation whilst providing an opportunity to attune to your inner world.
Slow, rhythmic, pulsing sounds and deep tones will guide you into relaxation and initiate self healing.
The sound creation Earth gong leads the way in this sonic journey, supported by large crystal bowls that produce deeper tones and the soothing vocal style of Rebecca. You will be guided through a visual meditation where you connect to the earth and the crystal devas before being immersed in an ocean of healing sound. There is nothing to do, nothing to be....simply open your heart and receive.
Restorative sessions are suitable for everyone but in particular are mindful of the needs of those who have chronic illness, anxiety, adrenal fatigue, PTSD and for those who are generally sensitive. The session is very gentle and was designed by Rebecca during a time when she was requiring a different approach.
Crystal Singing Bowl Meditation
Crystal singing bowls offer a unique and pure sound that resonates beautifully through the atmosphere. They are weaved together to create a sublime soundscape that is sure to clarify, soothe and uplift your being as you are carried upon waves of sound.
Heart Activation Soundbath
Centre within your heart space and open to receive activating light geometries and healing offered through the Arcturians, transmitted in union with your Higher Self.
Be guided through a verbal meditation where you connect to the Arcturian consciousness to receive unique energies that transform and gently awaken your heart and higher heart.